Search Results

Monday, March 18, 2013

Walnut Bread


This bread is my new love. I have been making it for several weeks now. Another winner from Jim Lahey's My Bread book. This is called Walnut Bread but it actually has raisins as well.


It also uses some cinnamon. As you can see from the photo below, I use them rather liberally.


This is the initial dough after mixing.


This is the dough after overnight fermentation (about 12 hours).


Dumped the dough on a floured surface.


Fold it like a letter.


Place it seam side down on a lint-free cloth, dusted with cornmeal. Also dust the top with cornmeal. Cover with the cloth and place in a warm place for a couple of hours.


After 2 hours.


Into the preheated dutch oven.


After baking for 30 minutes in the dutch oven with the lid on, and additional 15 minutes with the lid off.



I love how tall the slice is!


We ate this as is. No jam or butter or toasting required.


Recipe: My Bread

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving comments.