Search Results

Monday, March 26, 2012

Carrot and Ginger Soup


Hello hello everyone! Sorry for the long absent. I know blog posting have been really sparse lately - except for the knitting posts :). It's been a busy few weeks and I was not feeling like posting.

But I am back now. And hoping to post more regularly.

Back to today's topic. Soup!!!

We love soups. Even before becoming a vegetarian, I would make soup every week. Now with the new diet, the soup tradition continues. No meat of course. Everything is 100% plant based.

It makes it a bit more challenging definitely but fun! In the past, it was so easy to just use chicken broth or beef broth for that extra flavor and depth. Now I have to improvise.

Heidi Swanson's Carrot Soup Recipe.

I followed Heidi's instruction on the how to, but I used a lot more vegetables. And spices!

I was a bit surprised that Heidi's recipe has no spice. I added basil, parsley, oregano, and thyme. All dried because that's all I have on hand. And freshly ground pepper. Lots of them.

I also added ginger. I thought of the ginger addition a bit late, so it was added along with the carrots. Next time, I would saute the ginger alongside onions and garlic.


Recipe: Carrot Soup

3 comments:

  1. Jenn.. nice to see you are alive and well! Great styling on the above picture...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Monica! Thank you thank you for the styling compliment. I'm glad you like it :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. This would really be great with my newly baked bread...Brunch or breakfast, this is filling and healthy too. Love the photos too...Felt homey and very comforting.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving comments.