Search Results

Monday, November 18, 2013

Homemade Marshmallow


Short post today. I just wanted to share some pictures on the marshmallow that I made a couple of weekends ago.

I am not a big marshmallow fan. But I am curious about making it. There's a recipe for it in one of my cookbooks: Jam It, Pickle It, Cure It. I've made several recipes from this book and they turned out successful so I thought I tried.


It was pretty easy recipe. I have to warn you that these are dangerous. They are so fluffy and lightly sweet that you want to eat the whole pan. I quickly share some with friends and neighbors.

There are several bloggers out there who have made this exact recipe and posted their adaption. I posted their links below.


Recipe:

Other Marshmallow Recipes that looks good:
Springy, fluffy marshmallows at Smitten Kitchen
Homemade Marshmallow Recipe by David Lebovitz

2 comments:

  1. Jenn, my kids have been wanting to make marshmallows for years! I was hesitant to try a recipe until I knew it really worked. I'm glad to know you like this one - I can give a go now too!
    xoxo
    E

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erin, you should make it with them! Then they can help you clean the bowl - aka. pulling the marshmallow strings from the mixer bowl.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving comments.