Search Results

Sunday, August 8, 2010

HCB: Plum & Blueberry Upside Down Torte



This is one of those easy cakes that is bound to impress. It is very similar to the Apple Upside Down cake - except yummier! As I read the ingredients, I know I am going to like this cake. It's a no-brainer. Plum - YUM! Blueberries - more YUM. Caramel!!! Super YUM.

The recipe is super easy to put together. The hardest part is waiting for the sugar syrup to become caramel. Even if you put your stove on to high it can take 10 minutes.

Once the sugar caramelized, pour it into the baking pan that's been sprayed with non-stick baking oil.

Next, place the plum and blueberries on top of the caramel in a somewhat decorative pattern.



Then combine all the dry ingredients in the food processor. I hesitated when I read this, because sometimes, depending on what Rose said, I skipped the food processor step. Upon reading further, I discovered that this recipe only tells you to use food processor. No KA mixer. No mixing bowl. No extra tools required.

WOHOO! *Jenn is jumping up and down in the kitchen *

This recipe is officially downgraded to be super duper easy :))!



Once the dry ingredients are well mixed, mix in the butter, then the eggs and vanilla.



Finally, dump it into the pan and bake. Mine finished in 40 minutes.



Tasting impression:
This cake is so awesomely good. I love the slight tartness of the blueberries and it's well balanced with the sweetness of plum and the caramel taste. I love cakes with any fruit and this one definitely met my expectation :).

11 comments:

  1. ב''ה

    Great pictures. Great looking cake! It really was easy and good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Guess we were jumping up and down in our respective kitchens together because when I read that we were using ONE BOWL I got so giddy that I probably looked stupid jumping up and down and doing the crazy dance.

    And you pulled off a great picture!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic pictures! Looks absolutely scrumptious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh mon dieu! What amazing and clear photographs! The cake looks drool-worthy.

    Bisous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely photos! looks great! i love how you placed the plums

    ReplyDelete
  6. me too--i loved how you arranged the plums along the outside edge. gorgeous! your photos continue to be beautiful and inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Where are your recipes? Can’t find any ingredient amounts.

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  8. Where do I find the recipe? Photos are exceptionally well done.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving comments.