Search Results

Monday, November 14, 2011

Cinnamon Raisin Bread


A couple of weekends ago, I woke up to a craving of sweet bread. Leafing through Rose Levy Beranbaum's Bread Bible, I saw a recipe that looks good: Cinnamon Raisin Bread.

As with most bread recipes that I found, it requires the dough to be refrigerated overnight. I don't have time for that, so I cheated and did everything in 1 day.

First, combining the dry ingredients and added honey to it.


Water is added, then mixed the dough with a wet spoon.


Then poured the remaining dry ingredients on top and let the dough ferment for several hours. I don't have a lot of time so I only let it sit for 3 hours.


Even though the fermentation process is shorter,look at all that yeast bubbles!


Mix the dough.


Kneaded dough. The recipe gives option to knead with machine or by hand. I like kneading dough by hand.


Incorporating raisins.


The dough is then placed back into the container/bowl to rise. 1 1/2 hour later this is what it looked like.


Rolling out the dough.



Into the container it goes.


The baked bread.


I wish I had taken a better picture of the bread but by the time it was done, it's dark outside.

Love how golden the crust is :).


Tasting impressions:
YUM! I love cinnamon and raisin so this bread is right up my alley. I thought I'd put a lot of cinnamon already but it's not enough. More cinnamon next time!

4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, Jenn. That cinnamon bread looks amazing. You can tell it’s soft and fluffy inside!! I wish I hadn’t seen it. Now I want to make it!!! :o)
    I guess I could wait until I’m home and look at the recipe myself, but where does the cinnamon go? In the dough itself?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hanaa, thanks for your comments! You should make the bread. The cinnamon and sugar are sprinkled onto the rolled out dough. I forgot to take a picture of that part :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!! This look so good! I want to bake it now too..except i'm at work. :S I have to go look at the recipe when i'm back home tonight! LOL! I love raisins and cinnamons...and of course bread! Except i get too lazy about the proofing part..seems to take forever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jenn,
    Cinnamon Raisin Bread (store-bought) was always one of my favorites growing up. I can only imagine how good your homemade version is, fresh out of the oven!
    Happy Thanksgiving to you!
    -E

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving comments.