Search Results

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

WIP Wednesday 1: Idlewood



This is my 1st WIP Wednesday and I am hoping it would the first of many.

I started a sweater 4 days ago. It's called Idlewood over at Ravelry. I was attracted to it because of the huge cuddly-looking cowl. The sweater uses 850 yards for the small size, and I happen to have 4 skeins of Cascade 220 Heathers yarn in this beautiful cranberry pink color.

So far I've finished the cowl, using size 10.5 needle. Switched to size 10 needle for the decreasing for the body/neck but it is looking weird. The stitches are too sparse from one another. So I'm thinking it is because my needle is too long (29 inches) for this decrease part so the stitches get stretched out. Kinda weird that the pattern does not specify to switch to a shorter needle so maybe my theory is wrong.

But at this point I think I will get a shorter 10 inch needle and try to knit the decrease part with it.

Please check out Tami Ami's blog for more awesome WIP's.


3 comments:

  1. that is a lovely color! WIP wednesdays! i should get on board. maybe i'll get some projects done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that color!! Do show us a picture of the final product when you're done.

    Btw, I haven't told you this but your Cowl post, sparked some interest with my friends on starting a knitting club. One of them is already into knitting and is working on socks. After I showed her your cowl, that will be her next project, ha ha. The cowl was gorgeous. I haven't knitted in over 10 years and would like to pick it up again. I already have the yarn. Now I need to buy the circular needles. I'll either make the same cowl or see if I can find a pattern where the cowl is wide enough to also function as a hood. Wish me luck! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another one who absolutely loves the colour!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving comments.