Project: Holden shawlette
Needle: US 5
Yarn: 1 skein of Malabrigo Sock in Solis
Another finished project with the lovely malabrigo.
This yarn is actually the first malabrigo yarn I purchased. For a moment there I wasn't sure what I will make with it. And then I saw a couple of Holden shawlette in this colorway. The rest is... well, as you can see from the pictures, it is awesome.
I used size 5 needle instead of 6. I wanted to make sure that I have enough yarn and also I don't want to have a shawl that's too big. Because I went down 1 needle size, I have some yarn left. About 10 grams.
I went to town with the beads on this one. I used almost the whole 22 grams tube of Miyuki seed beads in size 6:
Added the beads in the k1 sts between the yo in the lace rows (row 5, row 13, etc).
Added the beads in each picot - co 2 sts, put a bead on the last cast on sts, bind off 4 sts.
I've worn this a couple of times and really love it. The beads adds some playfulness and fanciness to it.
Please check out Tami Ami's blog for more fabulous FO's.