Search Results

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

WIP Wednesday 11


I have 2 WIP to share with you today.

The first is the Levenwick cardigan by Gudrun Johnston. This cardigan calls for Brooklyn Tweed yarn, which has really nice colors. But after reading several knitters complaining about having too much plant matter in the yarn, I decided to use the 2nd best option, the Cascade 200 Heathers yarn.

I've used this Cascade yarn a couple of times and it is pretty good. It is also much cheaper than Brooklyn Tweed - a nice plus.



I've started this project in February and it's pretty far along. I've finished the body part and now moving onto the sleeves.

I like that the pattern is different in that the purl row is the right side row. It makes for an interesting look.

I also love love love the collar on this cardigan. It is so pretty.


Also following a raveler's idea, I am knitting the sleeves inside out because knit rows is easier and goes by much faster than purl rows.


The second project I want to share with you is the Plain and Simple Pullover by Veera Valimaki. I think I've mentioned this before, but I just love her designs. I want to make all her patterns.


I am using Madelinetosh Merino Light in the Cousteau colorway. This is my first time working with this yarn and it is a really lovely and soft yarn. If you have not had a chance to work with it, I highly recommend it.


And just in case it is not clear how much I love Veera, this pattern, and this yarn, look at this cute stitch marker :).


I am hoping to finish these two projects in 2-3 weeks, so stay tuned. In the meantime, please visit Tami Ami's blog for more awesome WIP's.

1 comment:

  1. Your projects are great! I love the stitch marker. It's so cute:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving comments.