Needle: US 6
Yarn: Madelinetosh Sock in Oxblood
I finally finished the Summer Flies shawl this week! As I mentioned on the WIP Wednesday a couple of weeks ago, I had fun with this project. I ran out of yarn, didn't want to buy another one, rip off some sections, I was still not happy with it, and then started over with a smaller needle.
2nd time around was better. I finished it with about 20 inches of yarn leftover (cutting it close!).
I've also added some beads on the butterfly section. You can see it on the close-up shot below.
I love knitting this shawl. Even though I had to redo it and it took me longer than it should. It is a very fun pattern to knit with. I am going to make this again with malabrigo sock. It has a longer yardage so I think I can do the whole ruffle edges.
Please check out Tami Ami's blog for more FO's.