Search Results

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Roasted Delicata Squash Salad

I love Heidi Swanson's 101 Cookbooks. I love everything about it, the website design, Heidi's writing, the awesome photos, and her premise of healthy and natural foods. 

One of her recipes that caught my attention is this Roasted Delicata Squash Salad. I have to admit that she got me at "delicata squash." I was like "what is that?" I love squash and thought myself familiar with all of them but not this one.

So my next trip to the grocery store, I was on the look out for this squash. And found them. 


Heidi encouraged changes/modifications to the recipe, depending on what you have on hand. So I did. I added some tofu to the mix, took out radishes (not a big fan), and used sunflower seeds instead of almonds.













































The recipe is very easy to put together and it was pretty tasty. Perfect for a quick lunch.





















I made too much for lunch and we had leftover for the next day. I was surprised that it wasn't as good as the day before. I guess it is one of those things that you have to eat right away.

Still, it was pretty good and left us feeling quite satisfied and healthy!

Recipe: Roasted Delicata Squash Salad

1 comment:

  1. Jenn If you like this recipe, you need to try her Roasted Corn Pudding in Acorn Squash Recipe it so good, I have made it like a gazillion times. http://goo.gl/86GpF and you are right her book is awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving comments.