Search Results

Friday, December 2, 2011

FO Friday 1: Idlewood


I finished my Idlewood sweater!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think this is the fastest sweater I've ever made. It took me 1 1/2 weeks. Of course the fact that it only used up 3 1/2 skeins of yarn helped but still. I was very pleased with myself.



The sweater was done yesterday morning, just in time to be worn on a snow day. It snowed the whole day yesterday, high temperature was 25 degrees.

I wore it with a black long sleeve t-shirt underneath and it made me feel plenty warm. I love the big cowl that can be sort of a hoodie.

Additional notes: I am using Cascade Yarn 220 Heathers in Cranberry color. You can check out more detail notes on my ravelry project here.


As you can see, I had a lot of fun photographing it this morning.


Up close and personal on the cowl.



Please check out Tami Ami's blog for more FO's.

15 comments:

  1. Wow, that is SUPER cute! Would you share a link to the pattern so I can be a geeky fan girl and knit one up, too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. D'oh! Just spied the name at the top of your post. Never mind. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paula, thanks for your comment! I just updated the post with the link. Pattern is available on Ravelry. It is not free, but I think it's worth the $, :).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I might have to hunt out that pattern too.
    what kind of yarn is that?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE this! The color is great and the collar is gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That turned out really good, Jenn. Your stitches are so neat and perfect. I can see how this would be pretty with a black long sleeved shirt. Congrats on making the deadline for finishing this knitting project :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. ב''ה

    O.K. It took me a little while but I finnaly figured out what the 'Knitty' in "Knitty Baker' means. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so beautiful. I can't believe you made it yourself! The color is fantastic. Great job

    ReplyDelete
  9. JayNic, the yarn is Cascade 220 Heathers in Cranberry.

    Hanaa, thanks for the compliments. It is a really easy pattern to do. I'd suggest it for a 1st sweater.

    Mendy, LOL! It is my fault. I should've posted something "knitty" from the get-go and not wait 2 years to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jenn, You are so crafty! That sweater is so cute - love the cap sleeves. I have to tell you... I just started knitting again after a three year hiatus. I saw a pillowcase at a shop for 500 bucks. I decided to go buy some yarn and get to work. So satisfying!
    -E

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks great, Jenn! Congrats on finishing such a lovely sweater.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It is beautiful. I love the color-Tori

    ReplyDelete
  13. It turned out fabulous. Love the color, congrats on getting it done for the first snow day.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's beautiful!!! LOVE the color. Passing this along to my daughter who knits. I'm hopeless.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is really gorgeous, I may have just queued that pattern!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving comments.