Search Results

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

WIP Wednesday 3



I have 2 projects to share for today's WIP.

I started this Celery Cardigan 2 weeks ago. I am using Malabrigo Sock Yarn in Tiziano Red. I love the yarn and how it feels. It has a little spring to it, which makes it really easy to knit with.


Right now I have knitted up to the body increases. My original plan was to have this done by the end of the year, which is in 3 weeks so I am not sure if I can make the deadline. But I am hoping I'll have this in a pretty good shape (almost done) by then.


This is what the cardigan is supposed to look like when it's done. Now you know why it's called celery :).


Another big project I've been working on and off is the Still Light Tunic. This one is going to take FOREVER so I am not even going to put a deadline to it. But hopefully I will finish it while the weather is still cold.

This is what it's supposed to look like.


And this is how far I've gotten.


I still have a loooong way to go.

I am using Berroco Ultra Alpaca Fine yarn. I have a love and hate relationship with this yarn. I love that is has alpaca in it. It makes it very soft. But the yarn tends to stick to one another so when I am undoing some rows to fix my mistakes (which happened twice already), the yarn got stuck and ended up getting jumbled and then I have knots that I have to solve like a puzzle. It is not fun!

But it is so pretty and pretty so I am "hanging" on, :).

Both patterns are available for purchase from Veera Välimäki, who is an amazing designer. I have several other patterns by her that I want to make, that is, when I finish these two!


Please visit Tami Ami's blog for more awesome WIP's.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, two sweaters at once! I'm impressed. Love the color for the Still Light. Also, I have to thank you for posting the fab Idlewood pictures last week -- I ended up queueing the pattern for it and ordering yarn based on how well yours turned out. So, umm... your fault. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are brave. i have not yet tackled a fingering weight sweater--it just seems like it would be endless knitting! but your two projects are coming along nicely so maybe, if i ever finish my worsted weight cardigan, i will brave the deep end of the pool. i love the colors you've chosen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paula, have fun with Idlewood. It is a fun pattern to knit up. I hope you'll like it. I've worn the sweater twice now - it's very cozy.

    ECL, I'm either brave or nuts. These 2 projects are my first fingering weight sweaters. But I figured that if they don't turn out I can always make shawl or socks :).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!! Jenn, you knit so well!!! I have no patience when it comes to sewing or knitting!! I can't wait to see your sweaters!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving comments.