Search Results

Friday, December 16, 2011

FO Friday 2


I have two projects to share with you on today's FO Friday.













































 I started the toast arm warmers last weekend and finished it in a couple of days. It used less than 1 ball of Patons Wool yarn in this lovely white color with blue tweed.

I am surprised at how much I love this yarn. It is very soft, much softer than the non-tweedy Patons. And considering I got it on sale for $3, it's not a bad deal.





















I've been wearing this arm warmers every day. I love it. I can see myself making this again. But I think I will modify the pattern so I can use a whole skein of yarn.





















I've also made this mug sleeve. The pattern is from the book Knitted gifts: irresistible projects to make and gift that I borrowed from the library. I've never seen knitted mug sleeve before so of course I had to make one.

I used leftover yarn from the Idlewood sweater. It is a very fast knit and took me an hour to do. Good for scrap yarn that you don't use.






























I checked on ravelry and unfortunately the pattern is not available there. But I did a search on "mug sleeve" and there are a lot of pattern results. Mostly free.

I want to make this one and this one.

Please check out Tami Ami's blog for more FO's.

7 comments:

  1. I love the arm warmers. THanks for the picture wearing them. I didn't have a concept of how long they are. I wouldn't have thought of them. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Yarn Changer,
    The arm warmers are about the 11 inches but I'm sure you can make them longer or shorter if you like.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those arm warmers... I think I need a pair!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice armwarmers - I can see how they'd become faves immediately. Love the coffee cozy too; such a pretty colour!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the mug sleeve. Most of the patterns I've seen are too involved with intarsia etc. I like your's...much more day to day. Wish you could share your pattern. I'll keep looking.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loooove those arm warmers. I want some in the EXACT same yarn now. so pretty and very "wintery".

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving comments.