Search Results

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

WIP Wednesday 4



Hi everyone!

I visited Stephen West's blog yesterday and saw this post where he talked about knitting whatever you want.

Inspired, I decided to cast on a new project last night. Yeah I know, I'm just looking for an excuse to cast on something new. That is the most exciting part of knitting after all.

So I am making this crazy Big Herringbone Cowl, using size 17 needles. It is going to be huge and massive. And shocking in color.

The yarn is 2 skeins of Manos del Uruguay Maxima. I fell in love with it when I saw it at the store. It is crazy bright reddish pink.


This is how far I've gotten with the cowl last night. I am only on the 2nd row!

But it is very exciting.


Though I have to tell you I'm not crazy about bamboo needles but it's all I could find in size 17. I'm going to go see if I can find a metal one in other stores.

And here are my progress in the other 2 projects I told you about last week.

The Celery Cardigan is going really well. I almost finished the body part. Only 1 inch of garter stitch left. Then onto the sleeves and garter ridges on the sides and collar.



If it continues to go this well, I might be able to finish this by the end of the year. Yeah - so psyched! :)


Things are also going well on the Still Light Tunic front. I'm on the last part of body increases, the one before I'll have to separate the yarns for the pockets.

I complained about this yarn (Berroco Ultra Alpaca Fine) last week but it is growing on me. It is pleasant to knit with. As long as I try not to make mistakes, that is, because undoing this yarn is annoying.

Please visit Tami Ami's blog for more awesome WIP's.

5 comments:

  1. I LOVE the color of your cowl - so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such pretty knit projects. Can't wait to see the cowl done. I have it marked as a possible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love love love, the colour of your cowl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks awesome!! I can't wait to see your cardigans!! Looks like they are coming along so well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you keep knitting sweaters at this speed, my queue's going to explode! ;) It's all looking lovely and that cowl is going to be fantastic in that yarn! Also, totally with you on the bamboo thing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving comments.