Search Results

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

WIP Wednesday 6



I hope everyone had a great Christmas/Holiday weekend!

I've made quite a progress on my projects. It's nice to have a long weekend. We hung out with friends, ate a lot, and I knit a lot.

My metal circular needles arrived from Amazon so I've been knitting up a storm on the Big Herringbone Cowl.


I was originally frustrated with this pattern. Partially because of not getting along with the bamboo needles. But also because it was a bit awkward using such a big needle. But after a couple of rows I got used to it and now I am addicted and in love with this pattern.

The cowl is about 5 inches in width now and I've started using the 2nd skein of yarn. The pattern said that it's supposed to be 14 inches in width. I think mine is only going to be about 10 so I might go and get another skein. Haven't completely decided yet.


The Celery Cardigan is going well but slow since I've been spending my time with the herringbone cowl. I didn't have time to take a picture of it but it doesn't look much different than last week.

I also worked on the Summer Flies shawl this past weekend. Finished the ruffle edges and have started on the picot edges.


Close up on the picot edges.


Please visit Tami Ami's blog for more awesome WIP's.

9 comments:

  1. I LOVE the colors on the cowl. Thanks for the close up pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow. that cowl pattern is pretty cool. love the colours too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cowl makes a HUGE statement!! That stitch is quite striking and the color is lovely. I can't wait to see it finished :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the cowl and the color! Awesome! Love your pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the herringbone stitch. I'll try not to look at it until I'm done with my cowl (haven't worked on it for a week!).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous herringbone - glad to hear the needles are behaving now! I'd get the extra skein for the extra snuggliness.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks everyone for your comments! Stitchi'girl, the cowl is going to be massive, and crazy, and that's the awesome part about it. I can't wait to wear it :).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lots of pretties in the making. May your fingers be nimble as you knit on your projects.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving comments.