Search Results

Friday, December 30, 2011

FO Friday 3


This is a cheating FO Friday because I've never posted this cowl as a WIP.

I started this honey cowl on Nov 19 and finished it on Dec 13. It's been sitting around for 2 weeks waiting for me to bind off and block! I bind off yesterday and these pictures are taken before blocking.

Here it is, with 2 skeins of madelinetosh vintage in the tart colorway.


This cowl is a surprise gift for a good friend. I love this color and the pattern. It is not the funnest pattern to do, the vintage is pretty rigid so it's not the easiest yarn to knit with for this pattern. I used this yarn for the purl ridge scarf and it worked really well so I think it's just the yarn and pattern combo that is not liking each other.


But the end result looks pretty and I hope she will like it.


Please check out Tami Ami's blog for more FO's.

5 comments:

  1. Love the colour, I am sure it will be a hit!
    I wish you and yours a very Happy New Year :0)
    willow4

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful color, Jenn. That is very special gift, I'm sure your friend will love it and appreciate the effort you put into it.
    I wish you and your husband a wonderful 2012 filled with love, happiness and good health.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful - I especially love the last picture. I'm sure it will be appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just finished the small version of that cowl. Once I got in the rhythm it was okay, but it was fiddly. Yours is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jenn, It is very elegant. What a lovely garment. I'm sure your friend will love it. I really like the look of the last photo as well - sets off the colour and pattern beautifully. Thanks for a wonderful 6 months with the bake-along. Happy New Year to you and hope 2012 is kind to you and your loved ones. Melissa

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving comments.